Science Computing provides research computing support to all faculty, researchers and graduate students throughout the division. We strive to provide a streamlined, uniform support model for our end-users.
We provide consultation and systems administration support for the following:
- Faculty/researcher owned desktops, laptops, and servers purchased with University funds in consultation with Science Computing staff.
- Faculty owned high performance computing clusters purchased with University funds in consultation with Science Computing Staff
- Faculty owned instrumentation computers and servers purchased with University funds.
- Faculty owned Network Attached Storage devices
- Divisional research storage
- Limited research backups
- Limited scientific software support
We do not provide support for the following:
- Personally owned computers or devices
- Systems not configured by Science Computing
- Systems purchased without consultation of Science Computing (required for data center connectivity)
- Programming support
- Pharos printing (contact the campus Copier Program email@example.com or x9-5799)
- Website development and hosting
- Classrooms and instructional spaces